This is the theme of the celebration as Tahanang Walang Hagdanan, Inc. (TWHI) turns 45. TWHI serves as a spring of empowered PWDs making a difference in their respective fields and communities.
In a span of four decades TWHI was able to achieve milestones in the following:
- Marketing Strategies have changed for the better to cater for a wider range of clients.
- Wheelchair dance started through the initiative of TWHI via Philippine folk dances and later turned into ballroom dance.
- TWHI partners have increased in the business sector because of the good quality of our products.
- Products have evolved through client’s requests and requirements.
- Persons with Disability (PWD) skills were upgraded through trainings.
- Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) has turned into Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID) that started in Rizal.
- Disability-Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (DIDRR) was established to cater for PWDs during disasters.
Building the Future!
Majority of PWDs came from far provinces and with little access to education and employment opportunities. TWHI took the responsibility of establishing several workshops that became a training ground for them. TWHI focused on ability and achievement and made it clear that its role is to treat PWDs with respect and equality by providing the support they need to succeed. Through the constant effort of TWHI, PWDs discovered their road to success.
Inspiring Lives for PWDs!
TWHI evolved over the course of time from a rehabilitation center to a social enterprise by using its social capacities instead of profit. TWHI is an organization that provides long term employment to both PWDs and non-PWDs, more lives will be touched because of its ingenuity.